Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kristin + Gator = True love 4eva

We think Kristin’s been keeping some secrets about when she met Gator at the season-ticket holders gathering a few months back. A little bird told us that THIS is what went down when she met Gator… hence her attachment to “No One Like You” by Scorpions…

Kristin gets her jersey signed by Gator and as she is about to leave and resume breathing, Gator studies her face, jumps to his feet and flips over the table in front of him. Now that he’s created a scene, he bursts into song, like any totally manly, brooding team captain would.

Gator: "Girl, it’s a long time that we’ve been apart. This single dad needs a new start. I miss seeing your face at home games. Babe, it wasn’t easy to leave Edmonton, but once more I’m the team captain. And I can grow a beard in a day!

There’s no fan like you! To show me a city that’s brand new! And catch my five minute warm-ups too! Don’t worry, I’ll try to hide my missing tooth... No girl like you! I can’t wait for signings with you! But you should get a jersey of me too... I just want you to be my boo!"

Kristin: "Gator, there are really no words strong enough to describe my love of your scruff. You’re no Cindy and I can’t complain! Ooh, Gator. I need a fave like never before. Don’t make me choose Parent anymore! Your black eyes take my sorrows awaaaaaaay!

There’s no d-man like you! I can’t wait to watch games starring you! I imagine your hits leave a bruise! I can’t watch, though, if you guys lose... No d-man like you! I can’t wait to kick Iceburgh with you! And shop for customizable Chucks with you! Don’t make me choose someone new!"


As the assembled crowd gapes at the singing couple, Gator steps over the table and other debris that he's knocked over, picks Kristin up, and carries her off in to the sunset... or at least to Fan Gear so she can buy a Gator jersey!

9 comments:

kristin said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Soph said...

Did you enjoy that, Kristin?

kristin said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

K-Mart said...

So, you guys probably don't know who he is, but I was at my sister's ice hockey practice today, and I discovered that Larry Goodenough (defenseman for the Flyers during the glory years) is her coach. Apparently he signed on to be the head of coaches for my high school's hockey program. I'm extremely jealous right now. But I got to talk to him today, and he told me all these stories about him, Clarke and the other guys... so yea, I'm just going to envy my sister for awhile...

kristin said...

that is so cool k-mart!

Jess said...

That's awesome K-Mart! I know who Larry Goodenough is, I actually met him at a charity event a few years ago. (Oddly enough, he's one of my dad's friends neighbors!) He seemed like a nice guy, but I didn't get to really talk to him or anything. That's so cool that he's coaching your sister though!

K-Mart said...

Point of interest... I started my own hockey blog separate from the general sports blog I run with my friend. All hockey related posts will now be posted on http://brawlingforbrotherlylove.blogspot.com/
so yea...

Soph said...

Very cool k-mart, will check it out!

Jess said...

Awesome, K-Mart!