Thursday, June 26, 2008

Riddle me this

What do Peter Forsberg, Sean Avery and yours truly have in common?

Well besides the fact that we’re all little bitches, because that’s a given as far as I’m concerned.

We got ninety-nine problems and the spleen is one. On Thursday, July 3rd (as if that week won’t be crazy enough with free agency and the 4th of July weekend) I’m going to get my spleen removed laparoscopically. I am going to be keeping very questionable company (Why aren’t cooler NHLers spleen-less or have spleen related problems?). Hopefully everything will go well and I’ll be back on my feet in no time. And I apologize in advance for anything I may or may not do or say while recovering—it’s not me, it’s the pain meds I swear.

7 comments:

kristin said...

Oh my gosh! I think we may need a photoshop to commemorate this event!

Are you scared????

Jess said...

Soph, apparently Pops' love causes spleen afflictions. Just look at you and Foppa.

Kristin, I'm scared enough for Soph! Waaaahhh!

Soph said...

Kristin, I think you may be addicted to Photoshop magic :) Although I am curious, how would I go about commemorating this kind of event?

And, no, I'm not (too) scared I've got professional worriers doing that for me, like Jess and my Mom. I dunno, it just has to be done. I probably will be freaking out more the closer it gets to next week...

Jess--Pops is like us! Except instead of off-ing grandparents, he kills spleens!

Nadine said...

Soph, good luck with the surgery. And pain meds are lovely things!

kristin said...

yes soph, I am addicted already to the photoshop magic. You should probably cut me off while you can.

And honestly, I don't know what I expected you to do to commemorate the event. I have seen little stuffed animals of tonsils and flu, so I imagined it would be like a cute little furry stuffed spleen. I will see if I can google something for you to work with...

K-Mart said...

Lol if you can find a stuffed spleen that would be amazing.

Hope the surgery goes well!

Soph said...

See but my spleen is a bitch, so if it came in a plushie form it would probably be stuffed with pointy rocks and broken glass.

Buuuut (before I start seeming too bitter), thanks for all the well wishes guys! Be sure to keep me up to date on all the free agency madness that I'm bound to miss being unconscious and all...