Monday, June 9, 2008

Zetterberg Kisses

Jess and I know what really spurred Red Wings to win game six...


Setting: 2nd intermission in Game 6, Red Wing’s Locker Room. All eyes are focused on Captain Nicklas Lidstrom.

Lidstrom (to ABBA's "The Winner Takes It All") : I don’t want to talk about things we’ve gone through. Though the OTs were killing me, now that’s history.

Brian Rafalski (whining): But I’ve played really hard…

Lidstrom (severely): And that’s what I’ve done too. Nothing more to say?! Only one more period to play… The winner takes it all, the loser standing small. After our victory, that’s Sid’s destiny. (He surveys the locker room) Pasha's in Z's arms, he just seems to belong there. Doesn't it make sense for two such talented gents? Datsyuk could score a goal and Z get the assist too. Lady Byngs are never fools, they play by the rules. Octopi will be hurled on ice. When we win it will be so nice. If Fleury scores one with his rear then we will all cheer. The Red Wings will take it all. The Penguins have to fall. It’s simple and it’s plain, soon we’ll drink champagne!

Dan Cleary: Tell me, do we kiss the Cup as soon as we get it?

Valtteri Filppula: What's it like after the game when Gary Bettman calls your name?

Lidstrom: Somewhere, deep inside you'll figure it all out. But what can I say, this will be our day. The goal judges will decide if they want to prolong our ride. Spectators at the Joe will call Sidney a ho. The game will be on again...

Brad Stuart (looking at Datsyuk and Zetterberg as they cuddle): Are they lovers or just friends?

Lidstrom (continuing emphatically because he hasn't heard Stuart): Screw that Jordan Staal! The Wings will take it all! I don't want to balk. I'd rather we win tonight. Sid and them will understand, they'll just have to shake our hands. I apologize if it makes you feel bad, seeing me so tense, but I’ve got the sixth-sense… And I see the winner takes it aaaaaaaall! The winner takes it all!

Assorted Red Wings (joining in an ending fitting for Broadway and worthy of ABBA): So the winner takes it all… And the loser has to fall… Octopi on ice… Be so nice…With his rear… We’ll all cheer… Take it all… Has to fall…


Behold the power of ABBA…



PS. This title has nothing to do with this As the Ice Melts, it's just something some one searched to find Slightly Saucy that amuses us.

10 comments:

K-Mart said...

Amazing as always. I don't know the song, but there's just something about the thought of hockey players getting all touchy feely...

Soph said...

I think the heavy use of ABBA was what led people to question the abilities of a European captain to take his team to the cup. Lidstrom sure showed them.

Jess said...

Lidstrom's certainly living up to the title of perfect human...

Speaking of players being touchy feely, Zetterberg's hug-a-palooza in the handshake line reminds me of that McDonald's commercial: "You brought the coffee, now let me add the sugar!"

kristin said...

Ah yes, the funny google searches that bring people to our blogs!

Soph said...

Doesn't Zetterberg Kisses sound like it should be the name of some corny perfume or cologne or something?

Lupul Underwear was another favorite search term of mine...

People are just weird

kristin said...

OMG! Lupul underwear! Gross!!!!

Jess said...

haha I forgot about Lupul underwear! As much as I enjoy Lupul, I don't want to know about his undies, thank you!

Soph said...

Ah! I don't think I could ever forget Lupul underwear!

Now if we could get the creepers who are looking for "saucy aunties" and "saucy emo boys" to not come here, I would be happy. In hindsight, even though I love our blog name, it leads to some strange searches...

Soph said...

Okay, 'fess up! Who found this blog by searching "staal kiss malkin"?

Jess said...

The same person searching for "Zetterberg kisses"?

("Staal kiss Malkin"?!?! How creepy!)