Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blog Vomit!

Why is being a Pinguine far more acceptable than being a Penguin? Probably because the logo looks so much slier. And I love me some Christian Ehrhoff.

***
Maman: Poor Sophie, I'm going to get you a lots of hockey cards.
Greej: If we can't find you hockey cards, we'll find you a hockey player.

***
While I'm indifferent to them, a lot of people seem to rag on the Ice Girls. I don't really see what point they serve, but whatever. So last night I was seeing what it takes to be on the Delta Dental Ice Team. And I don't think I'm qualified. I can't skate backwards and I can't stop and I certainly can't dance. That's not even taking looks into consideration. I'm not even fit to be one of the bottom-most totems on the hockey totem pole. I find that a little depressing.

***
Jess: The fact that you like hockey has made me a lazier fan.

***

Kristin, Jess and I also want to go to the September 27th game against the Hurricanes. I honestly don't think I could wait until October for Hockey to start. Plus I'm oddly fascinated by Chad LaRose. We should meet up or something (if Jess and I get tickets...)

5 comments:

Jess said...

I'm glad the "Pinguines" are highlighter yellow. It just adds to the coolness somehow.

Yeah, I don't think I would be qualified to be an Ice Girl either. I'm sure my skating abilities have gotten rusty since like third grade, and I certainly can't skate AND carry a shovel!

haha Soph, you're my own personal google alert! No need for me to look up stuff on my own, you give me all the hockey news I need to know!

kristin said...

Yeehaw! A post!!! I'm so excited!!

***

As far as the Ice Girls go, I don't know that I've ever actually seen them "dance." So you might meet that qualification, even if you don't meet the others. I think you should do it, just to have something to report on for the blog! You can go undercover and see what it's like!!!

***

I think tickets for preseason games go on sale Sept 6th. Even that seems so far away. My ticket guy says there will be a special commemorative ticket, but that just might be for STHs. If I get a chance to score extra tickets for that game, I'll get ya some. Preseason games are usually easy to get, not sure if that will change since this game is all historic-y.

***

And why is this post called blog vomit?

Soph said...

Jess:

Why do no teams in the NHL have highlighter yellow jerseys?! I mean, there are purple jereseys and orange, so why not bright yellow?!

And I'm more than happy to keep you up to date about the hockey world

Kristin:

I did write this post for you, you know!

So what would this be? A behind the scenes of the audition process or what it's like to actually be an Ice Girl? Too bad I'm still in California... We'll just have to make Jess do it ;)

September 6th? I'll put it in my calendar. I'm glad to hear that I didn't miss the date, because that would suck. Although couldn't the game b on the 6th... or tomorrow?! I was never good at the patient thing...

This post is blog vomit because it was just a lot of random, non related short things I wanted to post. Whenever Jess writes a paper she's convinced sucks and is just words filling up the page requirement, she calls it word vomit. So it's kind of a spin-off of that.

Jess said...

So what would this be? A behind the scenes of the audition process or what it's like to actually be an Ice Girl? Too bad I'm still in California... We'll just have to make Jess do it ;)

While it would be intriguing to be an undercover ice girl, I am WAAAAAY too shy for that job. Nice try anyway, Soph! ;)

K-Mart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.