Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ladies, consider yourselves warned...

"Like, OMG, you guys! I'm totally resigned!"

...Because everyone's favorite Flyers P-I-M-P has had his contract extended for another four years! Yay for Lupul! I would have been quite sad if he got traded again... for the third summer in a row. Four-mil-plus seems a little excessive, but I guess it's what the young guys are making these days.

Now that we have Lupul to gaze upon for a few more years, I have to wonder: could he become my permanent Flyers husband this year? Sami was my interim one, and now that he's gone back to Finland (tear), and Gator is out of the equation, will this be Lupul's time to shine? I mean, we do have oh so much in common. He's named after Chaucer, I'm an English major. He has smoldering blue eyes, I have blue eyes (albeit not of the smoldering, vortex variety, but whatev). He likes rap, I get my bangin' hip hop and r&b on while commuting to work with my aunt and cousin every day. Geez Joff, why are we not already wed in holy Flyers matrimony?! For the sake of his health, though, perhaps I should hold back. Over winter break last year, I declared to Pops that I liked Lupul. Hatcher then promptly sat on his head against Toronto, forcing him out of action for over a month. And then he got injured again immediately after that. Maybe I should leave the poor boy alone...

4 comments:

kristin said...

gosh, it sucks being a jinx, doesn't it?

I think you have to wait until the season starts to make your final choice. You never really know who your husband is going to be until then...

Soph said...

Lupul looks like the type who enjoys being single way too much to even consider being married in any incarnation (even if it's just being someone's hockey husband)

This is totally unrelated, but Jess did you see that Torts may be the new Islanders coach? I guess Rusty picked a good time to bail out of Long Island. Although he still gets an "ew" for bailing out to the Penguins.

Jess said...

I was thinking the same thing about Lupul, Soph! He doesn't seem like the marrying kind... even the faux marrying kind. I don't know if I can commit to such a total pimp. I think it's best that I follow your advice, Kristin, and not jump into anything before the season starts. I'll just play hard to get and let my new Flyers hubby come to me!

Ew, seriously? Torts to NYI? Well, I guess it's not that big of a deal, since Rusty's not there for him to dress but not play. So I guess there is one upside in the bleakness of Rusty signing with the Pens...

Maali said...

Actuallly... :) He was named after a friend of his dad's.