Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm in love with the Olympics!

My love affair with the Olympics has been on and off for awhile now. I first cozied up to the games back in '94, then our relationship cooled in Nagano, but we rekindled our romance in 2000 and have been going strong ever since. I think I'm drawn to the intensity of the Olympics. Every day is like the Stanley Cup playoffs, culminating in medals! What's not to love? There's always some fabulous underdog storyline, and some random intrigue, and some attractive athletes. It's a nice blend. I also love me some pomp and circumstance, as I was glued to the opening ceremonies tonight (barring that hour I passed out during the parade of athletes... oops!). And I love LOVE the Olympic theme! (You know, the one with the horn and the booming drum that they always play when they cut to commercial?) It just makes me want to chuck a discus, or climb up on a balance beam or something. I wish I were remotely as talented as these people. Why did I give up gymnastics when I was like eight?! I MISSED MY OLYMPIC CHANCE! *cries* Oh well, I have two weeks to get over it by living vicariously through others. Let the games begin!

No comments: