Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's all part of my rock-n-roll (hockey) fantasy (team)

So Jess and I were invited to join K-mart's fantasy league, which is something we've never ever done before. And it certainly didn't help that neither one of us were there for the draft today. I'm sure everyone collectively thought "WTF, what is the matter with these girls" when they saw our choices. Anyways, here are our boys. So you can laugh at them.

My team: Slightly Sucky

Milan Michalek (of course!) - Vinny Lecavalier - Guillaume Latendresse
Chad LaRose (I don't know why I enjoy him so much)- Derek Roy (LOL) - Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Dan Boyle - Kimmo Timonen (My summer love)
Christian Ehrhoff - Jason Smith (May be good for penalty minutes? Also the eye-candy factor ;))
Michael Leighton (Kristin, I know you are so jealous)
Tuukka Rask (I had better goalie picks I swear, but they were taken I guess... I'm glad that my goalies played a combined 7 games in the NHL last season...Woo! Ima try and fix dat)

Utility- Marcel Goc (I do wish my blog posts were as good as his)

Bench: Kyle McLaren (well, Jess or I had to take him), Henrik Sedin (my Sedin of choice for some reason. I was thinking of making the all Henrik/Hank team, but I guess that fell through), Lubomir Visnovsky ("Cookie? Vote for Lubo, don't forget!"), Marco Sturm and Claude Giroux


Jess' team: The Killer Cupcakes

Ruslan Fedotenko (breaking up is apparently hard to do) - Pavel Datsyuk (her brother!!!) - Joffrey Lupul (the only Flyer Jess really wanted)
Andrew Ladd (he does look like a young McLaren) - Andy McDonald - Marty St Louis (fitting because I have Vinny)

Kim Johnsson - Randy Jones (The other only Flyer Jess wanted)
Craig Rivet (for the penalty minutes, she says) - Zbynek Michalek

Rick DiPietro
Jimmy Howard (are we sure that he's in the NHL?)

Utility - Steve Bernier (I HATE YOU JESS!!!)

Bench: Jason Pominville, Pickles Vlasic, Pavol Demitra (for Pops), Bruno Gervais and Erik Christensen (WTF?)


Well, this should be interesting...

4 comments:

kristin said...

Soph, Michael Leighton is going to be the surprise goalie pick of the season. He is going to kick Cam Ward out of the starter position. You heard it here first.

I was very happy with my team..I even got decent goalies! In two of my other leagues, I somehow ended up with Marty Biron and Chris Mason. WTF?!?!

Anne said...

Utility - Steve Bernier (I HATE YOU JESS!!!)

WOOOOOO JESSSS!!!!!

Ok, so if you were to base my mental stability solely on comments i make to posts on blogs that aren't about the Sabres I look like a cracked out Big Bear stalker. THANK GOODNESS. I'M GLAD I AM ACCURATELY REPRESENTED ON THE INTERWEBS.

Jess said...

Thanks Anne! Obviously, I was thrilled to find Steve bestowed upon me. (Sorry Soph!) And you are always welcome to share in the Big Bear lovin'!

Oh Anne, you'll be happy to know that I tried to get Derek Roy, largely because your comment of "You wear that white after Labor Day girrrl" still has me cracking up!

Soph said...

Well Kristin, if you play your cards right maybe you could convince me to trade you Leighton. Just maybe.

Your team is pretty impressive.I was looking at your boiz and I couldn't help but wonder... Brian Campbell? Her?! Such a little bitch!

Anne, I think that we should form some kind of support group... Cracked Out Big Bear Stalkers Anonymous...

And Jess, I'll never forgive you for taking him away from me! I loved him first! We have text documentation!