Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm on to you, Pickles...

Watch out for this p-i-m-p!
So in the void that has been created with Kyle being put on waivers (twice, e-gads!) and finally demoted, Pickles is apparently trying to woo me! I can't say I don't enjoy #44. He's a talented, poised young kid. (Younger than me, which is scary!) We may have gotten off to a rocky start, but thanks to Shark Byte, I now see him as the dumb puppy of the team, which is somehow an endearing image. And last year, there was a really cute article about him acclimating himself (and his gf) to the San Jose area. (The "awww" factor never hurts!) But I wasn't sure if Pickles was ready for "primetime"... ie as my fave Shark. Plus, he's already quite popular with the SJ fans; his backwagon doesn't seem to be lacking.

BUT WAIT! He's the only Shark I was able to snatch away from Soph and others in our fantasy league, and he has been doing fabulously for me! Two assists last Saturday alone and a GOAL today! Pickles, when did you become an offensive d-man?! If Kyle does indeed stay in the AHL, or get traded, I may have found myself a new fave Shark...

5 comments:

Soph said...

Jess even Randy and Drew are trying to pimp him out to you. During yesterday's game they kept on saying how underrated he was and they kept on zooming in on him, making him all appealing. On the flip side, whenever they zoomed in on Milan he looked like he was in a lot of pain.

Jess said...

Geez, Randy and Drew! Underrated... attractive... like I need more reasons to like Pickles! I'm sad that Milan wasn't looking his best for you though, boo hiss!

Anne said...

Did they mention these "rosy cheeks" I've heard tell of? Hahahaha. That picture is amazingly awesome.

Soph said...

You know they didn't get around to that Anne... Or maybe that's when I went to the bathroom.

I love that picture too! It was in one of the programs from last year in the Throught the Years section. Which reminds me, I have to scan Rivet's through the years because there are some good pics from his childhood.

Jess said...

I didn't see the game, but obviously this should have been the commentary:

Randy: "Wow, Pickles is looking amazingly like a twelve-year-old tonight, am I right Drew?"

Drew: "Uh... that's every night. And he also looks like he got into his mom's blush too."

Why do I have a knack for picking the least rugged NHLers??? Anne, if you ever are looking for guys who obviously get carded when they go to bars and look like they should be their teammates' younger brothers, then my skillz can be put to proper use!