Friday, November 7, 2008

How is this a good idea?!

The Flyers traded two Steves for Matt Carle

How is this in anyway a good idea?! The Flyers need a veteran defenceman. Not another young and inexperienced (sucky) d-man. Plus aren't the Flyers close to the cap? Carle has a way bigger contract than he's worth. Although I have to give mad props to Jess who totally predicted that Downie would be traded like 15 minutes before we found out. I would have put my money on Knuble, but what do I know? Apparently nothing.

Plus it doesn't help that I already don't like Matt Carle, not that I was particularly enamored with Downie (urgh) or Eminger.

It's kinda funny because last year when we went to the carnival we got a jersey signed for a Jess' cousin and now it just has ex-Flyers (Gator, Sami and Downie). Sucks.

7 comments:

K-Mart said...

I really liked Downie. I'm shocked we traded him.

Soph said...

Ugh. I just don't see how this solves any of the Flyers' problems. Plus how much of a chance were Carle and Eminger given? They only played 12 games with their new clubs before being traded.

This Saturday's (I think they Flyers are playing the Lighting then?) game should be interesting

Jess said...

Whyyyy Homer? Why another young defenseman??? He's not even cheap! This solves nothing!

Aces Papa said...

So Matty just finished logging 27 minutes of ice time and was a +1. The kid's not a super scorer but he is a Hobey Baker award winner and will keep the puck out of the net.

Soph said...

Hey, I'm not saying that it won't necessarily work out with Carle (I love the Flyers, I want them to get their act together), I think they would have been better off getting a veteran d-man because their blue line is very young and inexperienced (Funny to think that that was the Sharks' problem a couple of years ago). But I guess the Flyers didn't really give up too much to get him, mainly just precious cap space.

Soph said...

PS-Welcome to Slightly Saucy, it's nice to get some Sharks fan readers ;)

K-Mart said...

Ahh watching the Pens game tonight is fun right now... the Pens fans are in shock that Gagne has had two shorthanded goals tonight. They got reeeeaaallll quiet real quick this period.