Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy birthday to us!

Slightly Saucy is officially one year old! Yaaay! I can't believe we've actually kept this up for a whole year. So much fun stuff has happened... and we couldn't have done it without our awesome readers. Without you guys, we wouldn't just be slacker bloggers, this blog wouldn't exist anymore. So thanks for all the comments, free tickets (coughKristin=awesomecough), shared western conference boyfriends, and whatnot... we love you all!

It wouldn't be a special occasion at Slightly Saucy without a new installment of As the Ice Melts... featuring some familiar faces. Apparently, if we were locked in a room with all of our blogger BFFs (and some faves), we would break into song.

(to the tune of "With a Little Help from My Friends" by the Beatles)

Jess: What would you do if we wrote a new tune?
Would we be banned from the blog community?
Soph: Our blog’s one year old, so we wrote this song
‘Cause we love being Slightly Saucy!

Soph and Jess: Oh! We get by with a little help from our friends…
Cheer the Flyers with a little help from our friends,
Love the Sharks with a little help from our friends!

Anne: I’m sorry you girls had to lose Craig Rivet,
And Rosie’s been so injury prone…
At least we’ll always love Steve Bernier!
Anne, Soph, Jess (admonishing a frightened looking Steve Bernier): Don’t learn English while you’re on your own!

Anne and S(h)ara: Oh! We've got Buffa-love with a little help from our friends!
Nadine: Find Finns with a little help from my friends!
MJ: Stalk Mike Ryan without any help from my friends!
(MJ flees the room, followed by an indistinct clatter and shout of “Mikey-poo!!!”)

Kristin: Don’t we neeeeed Michael Leighton?
Soph (nodding): Why not have more goalies to love?
Kristin: Sexy Kovy too! (pointing warningly at Soph and Jess) Don’t be hatin’!
Jess (shrugging): We all need more Flyers to love! (grabs Luca Sbisa into a bear hug)

K-Mart: Would you believe Cindy Crosby’s latest “fight”?
Soph and Jess: Yeah, we’re certain that he irks us all the time.
K-Mart: But Malkin’s still pretty cool, am I right?
Soph and Jess: Now that’s where we have to draw the line!

Margee: Oh! I judge Squee-Offs with a little help from my friends!
Giggles: Get Cheechoo cards with a little help from my friends!
Pops: Finally go to games with a little help from my “friends”… (followed by a “coughDaughterscough”, courtesy of Soph and Jess)

Yeah, we're dorks, but whatevs...

5 comments:

Anne said...

Yay!! I am sorry you lost Craig Rivet but I'm not sorry that he's our captain. If Steve Bernier were ever to not have an accent... I would still love him... but it just wouldn't be the same. Don't go changing, Steven!

K-Mart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K-Mart said...

Malkin is cool :( I should start punishing myself everytime I admit that.

Self: "Malkin is cool!"
Self: "Alright that's another week without food till you learn your lesson!"
Self: *crying* "Noooooo!"

kristin said...

Happy blog birthday ladies! One year already....I can't believe it!

Fantastic installment of as the ice melts. Poor Kmart though, now he is punishing himself for his Malkin love. (he doesn't really think he's cool right? he is just joking, right? Right?!?!)

Jess said...

Anne- Steve Bernier is indeed perfect just as he is! Oh Big Bear...

K-Mart- Aww... Well, at least you can see error of your ways with Malkin! Acknowledging that you have a problem is the first step...

Kristin- I know, I can't believe it's been a whole year already! Thank god we had Gator and his random Tastykake commercial to bring us together a year ago!