Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Destiny? I've been expecting your call...

Why yes playoffs, I think I can pencil you in...
And you can just call me Bev, thanks

So the playoffs are finally about to get underway... Woo? I mean, WOO! Soph and I are excited, but we're nervous too. Pittsburgh again, really? Didn't we just do this last year? Ugh. Pens, we're just not that into you. And I've been breaking up with my original hockey beloved, Ruslan Fedotenko, all season. If we were really dating, I'd be this close to returning all the Ukrainian hip hop CDs he loaned me. This first-round match-up should put the final nail in that coffin, especially because Rusty can be amazing in the playoffs and is a Flyers killer. Soph and I will have to find somewhere on (or off?) campus to sequester ourselves for the games. At least Sharks games will be on late... we should be able to take over the commuter lounge by then!

Today, we were quite productive, fashioning a make-shift playoff tracker using ugly Valentine's day Post-Its (they're even worse than the Bev paper, believe me... I own the most bizarre stationary) and a Flyers playoff ticket ad that came in the mail. Giggles was rather surprised to see our usually bare wall transformed into this:

Today, Soph also made some pretty sweet Excel spreadsheets wherein we discovered that the Sharks d-men have played an average of forty-four playoff games, while the Flyers d-men have played an average of fourteen playoff games. Awesome! Let's hope the Flyers' stellar offense can steal at least one game in Pittsburgh.

4 comments:

K-Mart said...

Ugh.

kristin said...

Whoa. You ladies are getting all technical! Spreadsheets? Playoff tracker? Awesome.

(Just move the Pens heart to the next round now, okay?)

Soph said...

Hello desk, please meet my face.

I'm so glad Jess and I went out celebrate me being half done with comps/to watch this stinker.

Jess said...

(Just move the Pens heart to the next round now, okay?)Yeah really, after tonight's suckfest, we might as well take the Flyers heart down too, since they didn't even look like they belonged in the playoffs. Ugh is right.

At least it wasn't a shut-out. That may be the only positive from game one... Maybe this will wake them up for game two...?