Saturday, April 18, 2009

Matt Hunwick, I feel for you...

Matty-boy, join the club! This has done nothing but put him in my good graces. If he has to get it removed, we can totally compare scars. I can really empathize with him and I didn't really know he existed before this morning. Hopefully, he'll be better company than Foppa and Sean Avery... Get well soon! God knows I moped around the house for two weeks

Anyways, moving on. Jess and I have been spazzing about the playoffs. I don't think I've ever been so simultaneously nauseated and excited.

Flyers Game 1: Oh, boy. Just a mess, and not even a hot mess.

Sharks Game 1: Not too bad, but there were some epic fail moments, where we couldn't help but wonder what on earth they were thinking. Pickles, please try to pass exclusively to your teammates in the future.

Flyers Game 2: They looked a lot better, but they kept taking penalties at the wrong time. Come on! My jaw would have touched the floor if they Flyers had managed to kill the 5-3 at the end of the first overtime... Also, Marty don't you ever get that far out of your net in overtime again. I will kill you, staight up.

Flyers Game 3: Jess and I will be there to avoid being square! Hopefully they can pull their act together and kick some penguin tail feathers.

ETA: Aw, poor Matty had to get his spleen removed :( I hope he feels better. Matty, don't sulk in bed, you have to walk around and stay hydrated. Trust me, I learned it the hard way.

10 comments:

Jess said...

I don't know whether to be excited for today's game or ready to throw up from nerves... :/ I believe it's customary for the players to throw up before games, but hey, there's a first time for everything!

K-Mart said...

"Also, Marty don't you ever get that far out of your net in overtime again. I will kill you, staight up."

He is not Ron Hextall. He does not have the skill to come that far out of the net and still make a good play. Seriously, the Flyer's need to leash him to a goalpost.

Also, it's BS that the Pens were given a 5 on 3 in OT. Doing that for either team is just handing that team the win. Bad move by the refs.

Open thread for Tuesday's game?

Soph said...

Yeah, Marty likes to give me heart attacks, doing stuff like that.

Yeah, an open thread would be fun! If we can wrangle a TV/lounge, then you can expect to see one!

K-Mart said...

Wear that shirt that Jess says you bought that says blood and pain on it. I'm sure you can scare everyone else away.

Jess said...

I'm one step ahead of you, K-Mart... I'm already wearing that shirt today! Though I'm sure people would just be like, "You? Blood, hits, pain? ahahahahaha" etc

K-Mart said...

You would scare me. Girl talking about inflicting pain on people and causing them to bleed? That's not a laughing matter.

Jess said...

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind with the fantasy league next year. "Hey K-Mart, are you sure you wanna set your roster today? Blood, hits, PAIN!!!"

K-Mart said...

That might be a better name for your fantasy team next year.

K-Mart said...

It'll be a constant reminder of what you bring to the table.

Jess said...

haha I was thinking of "Team Epic Fail", but a more violent name works too...