Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hmmm...

First of all, I want to say that yesterday was Jess' birthday, so this picture I pilfered off the internet is for her :)


You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you


(Jess, just because you're on the other side of the country
don't think you got out of our "Birthday" tradition!)


Anyhow, on a more hockey related note, I'm kind of upset because yesterday the Sharks gave away traded away one of my favorite Germans, Christian Ehrhoff, thereby making the team German-less (I know that Tommy-Boy Griess technically is a German but, in my mind, he doesn't count). I mean they let Marcel Goc go (Note to Homer: Sign him please, he can actually win a face-off) and now no more Christian. And I love my Germans. I love how serious they are and I love their accents. I'm sure the defense will suffer without his speed and his wicked slapshot. At least I can rest assured that he got moved to a team I already enjoyed and not one that I despise (coughpittsburghcough).

This got me thinking and I realized that at this very moment I only really like two players on the Sharks. Only two seasons ago I loved basically the entire team. Granted the same is basically true with the Flyers and I understand that it's the nature of the beast, all sports teams change from season to season. I'm just a little worried what effect this may have on my fandom. Granted I will always cheer for the Sharks and the Flyers and always want them to do well, but I'm kind of up in the air about which team will capture my attention next year.

This could just be my offseason blues and I could be singing an entirely different tune come October. I'll just have to wait and see.

7 comments:

paulina said...

that's so sad! where did christian and marcel go?? :(

paulina said...

and let me guess.. pickles and milan are all that's left of your sharks boys??...i was happy to see cheechoo and clowe right and the top of this year's roster! (it's alphabetical, i know, but i was glad i didn't have to hunt for them)

K-Mart said...

Happy birthday! I've been really busy lately and not checking in on important things like Flyer's blogs... so I feel like an ass for being a week and a half late on this :(

Jess said...

Paulina: If you haven't discovered this already, I condensed all of your questions and responded to the Gator post. Your spoonfed hockey knowledge can be found there. ;)

K-Mart: Aww, thanks! Don't worry, belated birthday wishes are always welcome! :)

K-Mart said...

I sense some possible dissent from you Soph? Tsk tsk.

Soph said...

Hey k-mart! At this point "possible dissent" is a major understatement. At least towards the Sharks. But at least I now know that I'll be rooting for the Flyers when they come in November...

K-Mart said...

Well, as long as it's not from the Flyers idc then :D