Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Birthday wishes and baseball smooches?

Whoa-oh here she comes... watch out, she's the birthday girl!

First of all, today is Soph's birthday! So, happy birthday to my other half, the Sam to my iCarly (since I'm the prissiest), the Vinny to my Marty (we'll be playing together now!)... well, you get the idea... Hope you have a fabulous b-day on the best coast! :D


Since the Flyers are off for another 8,000 days, let's talk about the Phillies! Sunday night, my mom's Phillies-crazed family gathered to watch the game at my cousin's Smooch Chooch Party. (Nobody actually kissed his framed picture of Ruiz, though, which is probably for the best!) In honor of this momentous occasion, I embarked on my most ambitious baking project yet:



Phillies cupcakes! (Or, good luck cakes, perhaps???)
I'm not a vanilla girl, but I took one for the team... literally!


J. Werth got another homer (way to hit it, playa!) in the Phillies 11-0 rout. During the course of the night, one aunt decided that Raul was "a cutie" (um... whaaaat?), the uber-religious aunt announced that she's been praying for the Phillies, and my cousin came clean about his various Phillies bromances. (Along with Ruiz, he also looooooves Chaaaaaase. Shocker! Chase is the ultimate man-crush, it seems.) As for Monday night's game, I really thought it was over when the Phils couldn't capalize in the bottom of the eighth. So imagine my surprise when Pops started freaking out about Jimmy Rollins knocking in the winning runs. Daaaaamn. You go, boys!

11 comments:

K-Mart said...

I want Phillies cupcakes!!!

Also- huge game from Werth tonight. 2 homers to crush LA's hopes. loldodgers.

Also- Happy day-late birthday Soph!

Also- The Phillies have been teaching me a lot of lessons lately, and the number one lesson is to have faith in them. They are never out of a game, and I should not give up hope on them until it's sometime in December.

K-Mart said...

Even then, they'll probably come back.

Soph said...

Thanks for the birthday well wishes, k-mart!

Jess told me that J Werths had two home runs... I loooooove Jayson... I Looove you Jayson!

Even then, they'll probably come back.

Like Coburn?

Jess said...

I want Phillies cupcakes!!!

Well, now that they're in the World Series, I'll definitely be making another batch or two! Woooooo! And Jayson Werth was AMAZING tonight! I love that man. I looooove you Jayson!

I know, I keep worrying about the Phillies too, but they really are never out of a game. They're incredible!

Like Coburn?

HA! You're a funny one, Soph.

K-Mart said...

If the Phillies win the World Series, I'll be in Philly for the parade... you should def. go if you get the chance to.

Jess said...

OMG If the Phillies win the World Series, I DEFINITELY want to go to the parade this year! I'm already praying I won't have any conflicts with school...

K-Mart said...

Screw school. This kind of stuff only happens twice every 120 years. Seriously.

K-Mart said...

You all need to watch this weeks episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Mac writes a love letter to Chase Utley. And is forcing his best friend's sister to try and make out with him.

Jess said...

K-Mart, you're talking to someone who had perfect attendence all through high school. When I miss class, I feel like I'm breaking the law or something!

And did you write this episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia??? ;)

K-Mart said...

I could have written it...

Jess, you're talking to someone who goes to less than 50% of his classes each week. Just skip a class dammit.

Jess said...

Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. The Phils still have four games to win... let's not get too far ahead of ourselves! (Eeeep, I'm scared I'm single-handedly going to jinx them! I better start making some good luck cupcakes STAT! haha)