Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Prophetic Pops

Scene: Living Room, third period

Pops: "Danny Briere's gonna get the game winner on his birthday..."

Scene: Living Room, OT

Pops: "Who's gonna score?"
Me: "I don't know... Coburn!" (I like to think outside the box...)
Pops: "I'm sticking with Danny Briere."

Needless to say, Pops is very proud of himself...

In other news, the Flyers are 3-0! Wooooo! And the home opener was craziness! Quite a see-saw affair. If I were there, I'd probably have no voice left! (And I'm already kind of sick, so I sound ridiculous as it is!) I pretty much want to go to every other game this season... yeahhhh...

Speaking of games, I'm going to the Phillies playoff game tomorrow because my mom's family has caught Phillies phever this season. (Seriously, I now get texts from my mom that say things like,"My Red October in jeopardy. Find some pitchers. ") Weird things have happened at every other game I've gone to, so tomorrow should be interesting...

4 comments:

kristin said...

How did Pops know?!? He's good!

Have fun at the Phils game!

Jess said...

Pops was so proud of himself too. He was like, "Text Kristin and Soph! Tell them I predicted it!" And I was like, "Hmm, let's compromise... I'll write a post about it!" It was his lucky night!

Thanks! I've never been to a baseball playoff game!

K-Mart said...

Gah! I want to go to the Phils game! I'll be in class while it's going on though :(

Have fun! Take pics!

Jess said...

Bummer that you'll be in class! I'm lucky to not have classes on Wednesdays...

I'll definitely take pics or high-five the Phanatic or something for you guys! :)