Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm trying not to be Debbie Downer...


Well, yesterday was a super Saturday for two of our faves! First, Braydon Coburn got two goals in the Flyers' 6-1 win over the Canes! Huzzah! I'm mostly glad to see that I have not, in fact, totally hexed the poor guy. Kind of like with Debbie Downer, my love is the number one killer of NHL defensemen (and not domestic cats, as far as I know). Coburn's goals break that streak (for now), in addition to making my heart happy.


Jayson, I think our relationship would be a real home run...
(Sorry Chase.)


Then, J. Werth added two home runs in the Phils game! I love that man... he's just so cool. And the cast of Glee sang the National Anthem. (Too bad they couldn't throw, like, "Bust a Move" or "Don't Stop Believing" in there too! They're always looking for new mash-ups, no?) Otherwise, that game was rather a downer. The only silver lining is that last night was take two of the Smooch Chooch Party, so I got to see most of the game with my crazy family, who were literally waving rally towels while standing in the living room. (There was also a pretty intense round of Pop Culture Trivial Pursuit going on during the rain delay... I know you're all jealous.) I've baked cupcakes, I've done my part... now the Phils just have to win three games! Come on, guys!

Also also: Today is November 1st, which means it's Day 1 of National Novel Writing Month! So break out your quill pens and typewriters and get writing! I highly doubt that I can bust out a whole novel in a month... but I'm going to try to finish a novella that I've been working on. (Which means I'll have to push through my usual problems of "Everything I write suuuuucks!" and "No! No! Too much schoolwork! Can't. write. ever.") We'll see what happens with that...

2 comments:

K-Mart said...

November 1st is the first day of Choochember, no one cares about National Writing Month or w/e :P...

Jess said...

HA! I'm surprised my cousin didn't tell me about this, since Chooch is like his primary bromance (or at least tied with Chaaaaase)!