Monday, February 22, 2010

It's 3 AM, do you know where your sanity is?

Probably somewhere in the paper that I am currently word vomiting for class tomorrow. But that's beside the point...

I'm glad that the first Olympic hockey game I got to see in its entirety was USA vs. Canada. Because it was phenomenal. I love me some saucy upstarts. Timely goals, aggressive play, Miller's fantastic saves... all-around awesomeness. Also, Prophetic Pops strikes once again, as he predicted as U.S. victory.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

And now I really want to watch Miracle, though I've clearly seen it too much, judging by this mid-game conversation:

Pops: "1960. That's when the U.S. hockey team won their first gold medal."
Me: "Herb Brooks was the last guy cut. He was Ralph Cox of that team."
Pops: "Who's Ralph Cox?"
Me: "The last guy Herb Brooks had to cut from the 1980 team! Gosh, Pops!"

Clearly, I have a really good memory for really odd trivia. I guess Pops needs to watch Miracle by himself about 50 times, to catch up to my standards!

2 comments:

K-Mart said...

I've only seen Miracle once in my life. And I own the movie... I do get choked up every time I hear that line though...

Jess said...

I haven't seen Miracle in its entirety in years, but I'm on spring break right now, so I'm definitely going to watch it this week!