Tuesday, February 16, 2010

They tried to make me go to (Olympics) rehab...

(And I said, "No, no, no!")

When I found out that my class tonight was canceled, my reaction (after squealing with glee and then feeling guilty because my prof is sick) was, "Woooo! Now I can watch the Olympics!!!" Yeah, and hockey hasn't even taken center stage yet. I'll admit it, I have a problem: total Olympics addiction.

The face that launched a thousand headlines...


I can't help it. The Olympics just happen to incorporate some of my favorite things, like super intense sports and dramatic montages! What's not to love? Poor Paulina made the mistake of calling during tonight's Olympic coverage (she probably thought she was in Vancouver because we had the TV so loud), and I discovered my true calling in life: Olympics matchmaker. I just want everyone to love the Olympics as much as I do! I know Soph will be on board once hockey starts, so I decided to help Paulina and promptly sent her to google Alexandre Bilodeau. He's a total cutie with an endearing family story, a history of playing hockey, and did you know he won the first gold medal on home soil for Canada!?!? (The only downside is that he celebrated his victory by getting all makey-outy with his girlfriend on camera. I can't decide if that ending to his NBC interview was shocking or adorable. Soph had a good laugh pointing out that, if I were his gf, I would have been like, "Uh, I'm not going anywhere near those cameras! See ya back in the Olympic Village, dude!") So far, I think Bilodeau is my fave Olympian, though obviously, I'm willing to share him with Paulina (and all of Canada). I also enjoy that Hannah Kearney said that her goal for the Olympics was to end up in a montage. I'm with ya, sister!

Had Alex Bilodeau played moguls in this game, he might have re-thought his career path...

So clearly, I'm down with moguls. (That was one sport I valiantly tried not to suck at in my '94 Winter Olympics SNES game, but despite my best efforts, I always sent my poor Olympian tumbling down the mountain. Oh well.) I also enjoy how they'll blast songs like "No One Like You" and "Eye of the Tiger" during the moguls runs. I love me some stellar '80s rock.

While I do adore the Olympics, there is one thing that Soph and I are not enjoying: Jeff Carter being denied by Team Canada. Ankle sprains are tricky; I don't know that I would have kept Getzlaf, even with his two goals Sunday. But I'm not Steve Yzerman, and I imagine he knows a wee bit more than I do. Too bad for Jeff. :(

2 comments:

K-Mart said...

Maybe Cindy could take a stick to the face so Carter can play. It would be the nicest thing he's ever done.

Jess said...

Well, you kind of predicted the future: Cindy took several sticks to the face vs. Switzerland but sadly, Jeff Carter did not magically appear :(

When Getzlaf's shoot-out attempt was rather FAIL, Pops and I were like, "Carter would have scored there." We're not bitter or anything! haha