Friday, April 23, 2010

Get well Soph! Love, Jess and the Flyers

I don't think I can ship this flower arrangement to CA, unfortunately...

Poor Soph had surgery yesterday. :( I wish I could be there with her, watching hockey and Disney movies, but instead, I'm stuck on the East Coast, writing term papers and being lame. So I'm sending lots of love and get well wishes her way!!!

And so are the Flyers, apparently! I had many happy things to text Soph about last night, as the Flyers advanced to round two, and her beloved Claude Giroux got two goals! Woo-hoo! Who would have thought that the last team to clinch a playoff spot would be the first team to make it into the second round? During the regular season, it was like the Flyers were reading 23 different books. Now, they're all on the same page (see what I did there?), and, ta-da, they're getting good results. Watching them is FUN again! And it's fun EVERY night, not just every other night, or just once a week. Even though they lost game two, they were still in it. They're not getting totally outplayed by their opponents anymore, and they haven't been giving up lots of back-breaking goals. Their commitment to defense and shot blocking is insane right now, and Lappy should have a monument built for him outside the Wachovia Center. Who else would take a puck to the face in the third period and then do a (very cordial) post-game interview, still bloodied and sporting like 60 stitches? He's the man. I'm also glad to see Boosh play so well and beat the Devils in the playoffs after that debacle ten years ago. Sweet revenge! Maybe they are, in fact, built for the playoffs. They certainly seem like a different team than the one that limped across the finish line two weeks ago! (On a sidenote, I'd like to be able to tell my professors, "Yeah, I didn't do this week's reading... but it's okay, because I'm built for term papers! I'm just built for the end of the semester, it's fine." LOL)

When the playoffs started, Soph and I agreed that we were just going to enjoy the ride with the Flyers, however long it lasts, so we're pretty happy. I'm not going to worry about their next opponent just yet... I want to bask in the glow of a happy handshake line for now.

3 comments:

kristin said...

You're built for term papers!

Jess said...

Well, I hope I'm built for term papers at least, since I've been majorly procrastinating! I really need to actually buckle down and write said papers, instead of watching hockey 24/7!

K-Mart said...

Yikes Soph! Stop having surgeries!