Sunday, May 16, 2010

Apparently, my love can move mountains...

(I start work tomorrow, which means I won't be able to do my usual 2 AM posts anymore... This is unfortunate because everything I type seems better in a sleep-addled daze at 2 AM!)

Today, not one but TWO of my fave random d-men notched PP goals to open the scoring in their resepective series! First up, we have unlikely hero Jason Demers, whose goal gave the Sharks an early lead in their first game with Chicago. Unfortunately, Demers' goal wasn't enough as the Sharks lost that game 2-1. (Hey, what was up with Versteeg serving Bolland's penalty in the last minutes of the game? Weiiiiiird...)


Party like an algebra teacher, kick a little ass.
(I love this picture... what a dorkalicious dreamboat!)


After Demers' goal, I texted Soph, "If Brayds scores tonight, I'm playing the lottery!" Well, I guess I better pick up my lottery ticket on the way to work tomorrow, since Braydon Coburn did in fact score his first ever playoff goal in the Flyers 6-o shellacking of the Habs. I know Coburn has been the defensive whipping boy this season, but somehow, that has further endeared him to me. I'm a weirdo, I can't like the popular guys. (Not that I dislike them, they just can't be my faves.) Coburn just seems like a down-to-earth hot mess, and I can appreciate that... especially now that he's playing with total confidence and intensity.


What's not to love about this picture?

On the non-defenseman front, I apparently waved a magic wand over JVR on Friday when I predicted that he would have a good game seven, as he now has two goals in two games. I'm just sayin'...

Lastly, when the Flyers went to the ECF in '08, our commercial song of choice was "The Sun Is Out" by The Apples in Stereo. This year, I'm totally feeling "Good Time" by Brazilian Girls, aka the super-catchy song in the Amstel Light commercial. (Thanks to Soph for investigating this for me! Amstel Light always seems to have catchy tunes in their commercials, ie "Chelsea Dagger" as well, though I reckon that song will get quite annoying once the Sharks series shifts to Chicago!) Keep an ear out for it, you'll hear it about 25 times a broadcast anyway!

7 comments:

Soph said...

Jess you completely ignored your fave boy who scored... Scott Hartnell!!!

Soph said...

Also I am rocking my "Crush the Canadiens" shirt as PJs :)

Jess said...

EWWWW, that is a lie!!!

Jess said...

...that I love Hartnell, that is. I do approve of your pj choice! We are twins almost... I'm wearing the "Together we fight" shirt from game 6! "Crush the Canadiens" is up next! :D

Flora said...

I thought of this blog when I saw Demers score a goal (I was there tonight) and thought about the reference to a disheveled looking algebra teacher. Pretty funny.

kristin said...

Work? Does this mean you have to get up early? Oh, the agony!

And hi, Soph!

Jess said...

Flora: Aww, thanks for thinking of us! I'm very happy that Demers gave me a legit reason to post my fave picture again! hahaha :D

Kristin: Yes, I do have to get up early now, which is totally interfering with my usual night owl tendencies!