Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oh happy day?

This text conversation occurred as Pops and I were riding in our car this afternoon:

Soph (forwarding a message from Flyers text alerts): "Flyers acquire defenseman Dan Hamhuis from Nashville in exchange for Ryan Parent"

Me: "Oh happy day! Homer, I'm going to kiss you on Friday!"

Yeahhh, Soph and I aren't exactly Parent fans... In fact, once I got Soph's above text, I told Pops to let me out of the car so I could cartwheel home. We trade a guy who is a minus-one in less than a minute of playing time for a guy who could make our Core Four a Fab Five? Sounds good to me! HOWEVER, we still have to sign Hamhuis... and Coburn... and a goalie... and now I'm nervous that Homer's going to give me a heart attack at the Draft. Homer, I will rescind that kiss and replace it with a slap in the face if you give me a heart attack on the draft floor! Just FYI.

No comments: