Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer is boring

Yeahhh, it is. If you'd like to beat the summer blues by oohing and ahhing over stunning culinary creations, check out my friend Kelly's fab food blog! If you're looking for old hockey news, keep reading here...

-Jason Demers signed a two-year extension with the Sharks last week. Hooray! This should help Soph and me to rekindle our Sharks love! And of course, I am thrilled at the prospect of using this picture for another two years... in fact, I am obligated to post it now (I'm sorry):


Farmer Ted + Jake Ryan + eighth grade school picture backdrop = AWESOME

-Darroll Powe got re-signed by the Flyers, though that happened like a million years ago. Powe-wow is one of those guys we always forget that we like, 'cause he gets overshadowed by the Girouxs and Carters of the world. But apparently, we even loved him before we really knew who he was! (One upside of moving a bazillion files off our computer? Stumbling upon pics like this!)


-The Pronger apparently had minor knee surgery last week. Annnnd the greater Philadelphia-area had a collective heart attack.

-The Devils played Russian roulette (it's not the same without a gun) and the Hawks have totally re-vamped, blah blah blah...

A 'stache like that does, in fact, make you a golden god


-And you know what else else? I dig music. (But unlike Russell Hammond, I am not on drugs.) My iPod is pretty much attached to my head at all times (especially when I'm on the bus and need to drown out the people yelling "I CAN'T HEAR YOU! PUT YOUR TEETH IN!" on their cell phones). But I have an on-again, off-again relationship with many songs. There are a few that I looooooove (Jose Gonzalez's version of "Heartbeats," for instance. Soph, stop laughing.) and listen to every time they pop up. But other songs are not so lucky, and I have to be in the mood to jam out to them. Sometimes I'm in an ass-kicking mood ("Welcome to the Jungle"), or a giddy dancing mood ("Take on Me"), or a meditative mood ("The Rain Song"). But I am never in the mood to stab myself in the eye, and that is often how I feel when this song comes up: "Chelsea Dagger." So I'm conflicted. I used to really enjoy this tune, and I think we all know why my feelings have changed. But it's so damn catchy!!! And annoying!!! I can't totally resist it, but I can no longer seek it out either; it has to come to me via shuffle. And even then, it still stings. Ugh. Well, on the plus side, at least I can bop along to its happy, stripper-y lyrics while feeling compelled to stab myself in the eye!

Only about a month 'til training camp! THANK GOD.

No comments: