Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fantasyland

It's that time of year again, kiddos: fantasy hockey time! And it commenced tonight with our draft, which Soph and I did not attend (as usual), opting instead to use the auto-draft feature. This led to some... interesting selections. Soph's team is fine, largely comprised of guys she's already had over the past two years. I, meanwhile, am going to let Mike Babcock set my roster each week, since I drafted 90% of the Red Wings' active roster... and Ville Leino. So with no further adieu, I give you our 2010-11 fantasy teams! (Considering we immediately started plotting who we want to add/drop, our teams won't stay this way for long!)

Slightly Sucky
(Soph's repeat team members denoted with *)

Keepers: Joe Thornton*, Cam Ward*

Centers: Anze Kopitar*, T.J. Oshie, Tim Connolly*

Left Wingers: David Booth*, Brenden Morrow (Soph's sworn enemy!), Ray Whitney* (wizard!)

Right Wingers: David Backes* (Soph's fantasy team beloved), Devin Setoguchi, Teemu Selanne, Michael Grabner (the fact that he was Steve Bernier's roomie in Vancouver might not save him from being dropped)

D-men: Christian Ehrhoff* (!!), Zdeno Chara, Paul Martin (Soph's first-ever Penguin), Nick Lidstrom* (Mr. Perfect), James Wisniewski

Goalie: Tukka Rask* (Soph actually drafted Rask accidentally two years ago, when he barely played in the NHL... being a starter now should help!)


Foxy Lady Byng

Keepers: Pavel Datsyuk, Nicklas Backstrom (I got him on waivers the first year and will never let him gooo!)

Centers: Stephen Weiss (geez, again?), Tomas Plekanec

Left Wingers: Henrik Zetterberg, Ryan Smyth, Ville Leino

Right Wingers: Marty St-Louis (thank god!), Ales Hemsky, Brian Gionta, Erik Cole

D-men: Tobias Enstrom, Brian Campbell (ewww), Niklas Kronwall, Brian Rafalski, Ryan Suter

Goalies: Chris Mason, Michael Leighton (I'm not thrilled about this, because it usually doesn't end well when I draft players I like. I don't want to hate you, Shady!)

With all those Red Wings, Foxy Lady Byng is totes using the ever-popular 1920s bathing suit look for our team picture:


1 comment:

kmart said...

Soph got Rask literally a pick before I was taking him. I was a little pissed and ended up w/ the other Nik Backstrom