Saturday, April 16, 2011

It weighs 35 pounds...

Except when you're lifting it.

Before we go any further, Cup Raise. Of course. It simply needs to be done.

So, hey. Despite my disappearing act over the past few months, we still have a blog! And people still regularly drop in, searching for things like, "Claude Giroux personality shy" (adorbs) and "Jeff Carter Sea Isle" (eek). And it's the most exciting time of the year, so I have to slap together some sort of a post! I LOVE wall-to-wall hockey coverage! Last night consisted of watching the Flyers before quizzo and coming home to Pops eating cookies and watching the Sharks-Kings late game. We're living the glamorous life indeed.

So the Flyers get Buffalo. This is worrisome cons--

OH JESUS! IS THAT VINNY?!?! (Sorry, Pops and I are watching Hockey Central on Versus and they just interviewed a shockingly-shorn Vinny Lecavalier. Also, since we're on the topic of the Bolts, how bad-ass is Marty St-Louis? Double root canal after game one, PPG and an assist in game two. Hold me closer, tiny dancer.)

ANYWAY, back to the Flyers. The match-up with Buffalo is worrisome for several reasons. Firstly, as we all know, my true calling in life is worrying. So there's that. Secondly, you need your best players at this time of the year, and it's quite difficult to turn Danny Syvret into a 6'6", puck-stealing beast on such short notice. Not to mention that Pronger is such a vocal leader and settles down the power play considerably. Finally, Buffalo came in on quite a roll, while the Flyers were flat as a pancake through the end of the season. I think the Flyers can certainly take them, they just have to get their shit together. I saw parts of last night's game on mute at a bar so I'm in no way qualified to comment on it, but Buffalo only needed to get a split on the road, so mission accomplished there. I WILL, however, get to see tomorrow's game, and I'm so psyched! Time to bust out the playoff moo-moo!




PS- There's a Carnival novel that's been in the works since Soph visited, er, over a month ago. I will post it someday, I swear! Though all you really need to know is that the 2011 Carnival = love affair with Braydon Coburn. There's the SparkNotes version for you.

2 comments:

D.M.Vasso said...

I think all of us flyers fans are worriers. And agreed we do need to get our shit together, but I think we can beat buffalo for sure.

Jess said...

Haha Yes, I agree! We Flyers fans are expert worriers!