Saturday, June 11, 2011

My maiden voyage to Tim Hortons!


The regional advertisements that appear in hockey games always seem to get embedded in my head and provoke an inordinate curiosity/excitement. Hence why I pretty much flipped my lid upon spotting THE intersection of coffee/donuts/hockey/Canadian lore in downtown Manhattan this afternoon: TIM HORTONS. Despite being to Canada once in my life (when I was a wee lass of fifteen), I've never set foot in this fine establishment. WELL! Today was the day that was all going to change.

Scene: Counter at some Manhattan pizza place
Timmi (my friend and accomplice to NYC): "What are you so excited about?"
Me (beaming giddily): "...There's some place around the corner that I want to go to."
Timmi: "...Okay?"
Me: "It's Tim Hortons!"
Timmi: *blank stare*
Me: "Tim Hortons! The preeminent coffee chain in Canada!"

When Timmi stopped laughing, she did indulge me, accompanying me into the photo-booth-sized shop and taking pictures of the entire transaction. (For her troubles, she earned the nickname of "Timbits." Lucky gal.) I was too flustered to actually order Timbits (what quantity do they come in?!), so instead I got my go-to donut: glazed chocolate cake, which was quite delicious after a long day at the Renegade Craft Fair! (All together now: "Oh mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the laaaaw...")

Ninety-five cents well spent.

No comments: